The topic is open. Any type of entry that meets the submission criteria below is eligible. Multiple entries welcome.
• The contest is open to prose works.
• Entries can be fiction, non-fiction or creative non-fiction.
• Entries must be previously unpublished and not under consideration by any other publication.
• Entries must be original and not a translation of a previously published work.
• Maximum length: 2000 words.
• No poetry, plays, reviews, and scholarly essays. No footnotes and endnotes. No pseudonyms.
• Submissions must be in Word or txt format.
• No email or fax submissions.
• Submissions must be in English.
• Submissions can be an English translation of the author’s unpublished original work in another language.
The contest is open to all writers, established and emerging, worldwide.
$30.00 per entry, non-refundable.
Deadline: February 3, 2020, 11:59 PM, Pacific Time (North America), UTC-8
Winners are chosen by blind judging. Four finalists make the shortlist, from which the judges choose the winner. The judges’ names are announced with the winners.
The popular vote winner is the submission from among the four finalists that receives the most votes by Accenti readers.
Announcement of Results
Winners’ names, bios and submissions will be posted on Accenti in May and reported in the Accenti Newsletter.
• Top prize: $1000.00 (CDN) and publication in Accenti.
• Two runner-up prizes: $100.00 (CDN) each and publication in Accenti.
• Popular Vote prize: $100.00 (CDN) and publication in Accenti.
How to Submit
Each submission must be accompanied by a duly completed entry form and entry fee.
Click HERE to submit.
If you have any questions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org