This contest is open to poets worldwide. Multiple entries welcome.
The topic is open. Any type of entry that meets the submission criteria below is eligible.
• must be works of poetry (see form below).
• must be previously unpublished and not under consideration by any other publication.
• must not be a translation of a previously published work.
The form is open…
• formal verse (i.e., sonnet, haiku, villanelle), free verse, prose poetry, rhymed, non-rhymed, blank verse, etc.
• Maximum 40 lines in length.
• No pseudonyms.
• No email or fax submissions.
• Attachment must be in Word or .txt format.
The contest is open to all poets, established and emerging (including students), worldwide.
$15.00 per submission, non-refundable.
Enter 4 or more poems and receive a one-year subscription to Accenti.
This year’s edition of the Accenti Poetry Contest is now closed. Our thanks go out to all the participants. The winners will be announced in spring. The deadline for next year’s contest will be announced with the winners. To stay up to date, register to receive the Accenti Newsletter.
Winners are chosen by blind judging. Four finalists make the shortlist from which the judges choose the winner. The judges’ names are announced with the winners.
Accenti readers choose the popular vote winner among the four finalists.
Announcement of Results
Winners’ names, bios and poems will be published at accenti.ca in April and announced in the Accenti Newsletter.
Grand prize: $1000.00 (CDN) and publication in Accenti.
Three runner-up prizes: $100.00 (CDN) each and publication in Accenti.
How to Submit
Each submission must be accompanied by a duly completed online entry form and the entry fee.
Click HERE to submit.
If you have any questions, please write to: email@example.com